|Description||Proposals for the support of scientific meetings, conferences, and workshops relevent to the JDRF mission|
|Institutional Eligibility||Domestic & foreign non-profit organizations; public & private universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories; units of state & local governments; eligible agencies of the federal government|
|Proposal||Application submitted to the appropriate Scientific Program Staff via the form for funding. Proposal requirements differ depending on the amount requested|
|Terms||Dollar amount awarded varies|
|Human Subjects Research||n/a|
|Upcoming Deadline||Applications for conference support are accepted for consideration throughout the year|
JDRF supports scientific meetings, conferences, and workshops relevant to its mission. Applications for conference support are accepted for consideration throughout the year. Note that the JDRF Conference Grant does not provide individual support to an applicant for conference attendance.
Each criterion will be considered in the context of how it relates to JDRF research priorities:
- How does the meeting/conference relate to JDRF goals?
- What is the format and agenda?
- What is the need for the meeting/conference?
- What is the timeliness of the meeting/conference?
- What are the qualifications of the organizers and proposed participants?
- What is the past performance of the meeting/conference (when applicable)?
- How appropriate is the meeting site?
- How appropriate is the budget?
Conference Grant applications are accepted for consideration throughout the year. Applicants will be notified in writing within one month after completion of the review process.
Requests of Less than $5,000
The appropriate representative of the applicant organization must provide a letter of intent, draft agenda, and a budget. The letter should address the criteria summarized above. The JDRF review panel may request supplemental information.
Letters of intent and accompanying documents should be sent 3-6 months prior to the conference to the appropriate Scientific Program Staff.
Email the application to the appropriate Scientific Program Staff.
Terms & Other Requirements
- In general, complimentary registration for a designated member of JDRF staff, or JDRF guests, is required for JDRF sponsorship of a meeting.
- JDRF sponsorship must be acknowledged in all publicity and in the program for the meeting and any proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting.
- Copies of proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting must be provided to JDRF.
- JDRF reserves the right to post the meeting notice/agenda as well as other information relating to the meeting on the JDRF website. In addition, the application is required to provide a brief report, written in lay terms, after the meeting for posting on the JDRF website.